Friday, December 25, 2009

Little Bag

I made a little bag for my kiddo. It's approximately 5"x6". The outer blue fabric is some blend that was in my grandmother's stash, and the inner is 100% cotton from Connecting Threads. The appliques are from a random piece of bright flowery cotton I had laying around. I made it because the short one has discovered the fun of taking stuff out of something and putting it back in then taking it back out, lather rinse repeat. Now she can pick stuff up and carry it around. She tries to put the bag on her shoulder because I hook it there when I give it to her. It's way cute. In retrospect, I should have either made the bag opening wider, the handle narrower, or both. It's a little hard for her to get stuff in sometimes, since at 14 months she's not the most delicate of creatures just yet. I used light interfacing on all the pieces (heavy on the handle) so it stands up on it's own. I'm actually pretty proud of the construction job on this, I think it turned out well.



For scale:



It holds a surprising amount of little blocks:


I'll add an action shot later when it's not past time for me to be putting her to be bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is really pretty! I love the flower design. You definitely SHOULD be proud =)